Monday, November 25, 2013

SLAM!Spoken Word Spotlight of the Week


السلام عليكم

Peace Be Upon You

SLAM!Spoken Word Spotlight of the Week: Osama Siddique



I'm glad to introduce:  A brand new segment to start off the blog!

Ok, in my introduction I definitely forgot to mention one thing: I'm a poetry junkie.  And not just any kind of poetry- no I'm kidding, I really love all sorts and any kind of poetry. Well, most of them anyway.

This segment is gonna be about my amazing super awesome poetry adventures on YouTube/other video hosting websites, where I will surf the web (one of my greatest talents) and find awesomesauce people who do awesomesauce things with words, and show you my favorite (it might be a weekly thing, possibly monthly, might even go to annually... just kidding not annually inshaAllah

Any~who,

Here we have Osama Siddique with his piece Angel of Death.

Let me tell you something, not only is there a wonderful compilation of word choice happening, but the absolutely beautiful execution of the piece had me snapping all poem long.

my lovelies are always relevant

It's a must-watch piece!

Some of my favorite lines:
"he tells me death can be beautiful, but it get's ugly when others try to do his job for him"

"... they think life is merely a prolonged death sentence"

Watch and tell me what you think!!

I might end up sharing one of my pieces down the line in days to come... who knows! :D

Well that's all for this post, See you all soon! (iA)

~Shaz










1 comment:

  1. BOO! Back to blogging, yo! I know you were probable like "OMG, A COMMENT! ...Aw man, it's just YOU", lol, but I just wanted to tell you your blog is coming along beautifully and I enjoy reading it. It's super you, and I see my babies very often this way *snap*

    ReplyDelete